Why is Spain Broke, lets look at Valencia and see..
"The Route of Waste, projects Valencia built in the good times”
- There is the Formula One racetrack, which runs right through the city so the roads had to be redesigned. But the city has lost its Formula One race.
- There is the America's Cup dock, with huge sheds for ocean-going yachts and a massive white control tower. But there is no more America's Cup racing in Valencia.
- There is the Opera House, a cross between the one in Sydney and something you would imagine only in your more disturbed dreams - 400 million euros to build, 40 million a year to run - 15 performances a year.
- The airport that has never seen a single plane land.
- The theme park built in a place where the summer heat rises above 40C (104F).
- The land bought at premium prices that is now worthless.
have you got stories of waste of money on a national scale e-mail us.